Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What is your take on Web 2.0?

Have you used FacebookTwitterFlickr? Evernote?  If you have, congratulations for moving into the "Read Write Web!"  Some years ago the web was only for reading and accessing information but the developer of the WWW, Tim Berners-Lee, wanted people to "a collaborative medium, a place where we [could] all meet and read and write".  With the idea of more critical thinking, problem-solving oriented tasks, and collaboration the use of Web 2.0 tools give students the tools they could use to optimize their learning.

The the use of cloud technologies makes the access to this information even more accessible!  How about Apple products?  You can read a book on your iPad then move to your phone, and if needed go to the mac computers!  Now that is awesome and the android market has tools very similar in the cloud.  I have Evernote on my tablet, computer, and phone.  So if I have an idea on something, I can add it to my app and then find it on my computer the next day. 

The possibilities are endless so my challenge is to get yourself out there!  I read somewhere that about 90% of people are lurkers and 1% are true contributors to the read write web.  The more we share the bigger our potential can be.

What are some web 2.0 tools you use??  Share how they have improved your learning/instructions?

No comments:

Post a Comment